Is it possible to align engineers, designers, marketing, and the rest of your team peacefully together on a common vision?
You and your team may feel like tearing each other's hair out right now, but I'm here to tell you the productivity you want from your team and the culture your team craves can absolutely coexist.
It comes down to three things:
Many startups have some of these elements right, but fail on one or another. Without each of these three elements fully in tune, your team will struggle.
There's no one-size fits all template for this either. There are certain fundamental needs creative team members usually have, and certain fundamental priorities and values most founders share. But every team is unique. That's why I put together the SYNTHESIS program.
How it works
- Introductory session: I meet with you — the founder or team manager — to get your perspective on the issues your team is having.
- Team sessions: I meet one-on-one with members of your team to get their perspective on what's going on. Having someone from the outside helps team members share honest feedback confidentially with me. I will keep their feedback confidential, using it to diagnose the issues and suggest solutions.
- Team workshop: We have a 1 or 2-day team workshop where we brainstorm and define the new processes and practices we need to implement, depending on the particular needs of your team.
- Implementation: We create a written plan and a list of tasks to implement, discussing in detail any concerns or logistic questions so we're super clear on what we're going to try.
- Follow-up: After a reasonable period of time for implementation, I check back in with you and your team to iron out any logistical issues. We make any necessary tweaks to the implementation, iterating and improving on the plan.
- Retrospective: After the new plan has been in place for a certain amount of time, I'll lead a team retrospective where everyone can voice any concerns that have come up. We'll work together to brainstorm solutions and continue iterating on our plan.
- 1:1 Reviews: I'll circle back around with each individual team member and see if we've improved their concerns. If not, we can certainly loop back around to step 3 and continue until we get our team processes and values right.
Are you ready for synthesis?
Book your introductory chat with me to get started. I will be available to answer any questions you have about the program, and we can get a feel for whether your team is a good fit for this program at this time. If we determine it is, I'll take your payment in full and we can begin scheduling our sessions.