Stop thinking about your business idea and start doing something about it.
Tell me if any of this sounds like you:
- You’ve just about had enough of punching in at your 9 to 5, and you’re ready to create something that makes an impact in the world
- You have an idea for a product or service, but you’re not sure where to start to make it reality on a short timeframe and a nonexistent budget
- You’ve had this idea in your head for ages, but the risk and uncertainty has kept you from doing anything about it
- You think you’ll need to spend a lot of money and time on production before you even know if your idea will be profitable
I get it. Building a business is a huge, scary prospect. But it’s also really exciting. You may be onto something that could change the world. Or your idea could be another one of the zillions of businesses that never make it past launch. How do you find out?
Here’s the secret: You have to test your idea. You have to have something to put in front of people in your target market, get feedback, and iterate on it until you've created something amazing.
But how do you create something to put in front of people if you don't even have a product yet? You create a prototype. Prototype just means something tangible — something for people to react to so you can get their honest, authentic feedback. Your prototype can be very simple — no coding required!
You can learn to prototype and test your ideas quickly, even if you’re not technical, even if you don’t have a huge budget. You can build your business in a way that works for you — your timeframe, your budget, and your vision.
- What if you could turn your creative ideas into action now, without hiring a team or learning to code?
- Imagine that you could do some quick experiments this week to start learning whether your idea is a profitable business idea or zeroing in on your ideal target market.
- What if you could test your ideas with customers in your target market before you sink a lot of time or money into production?
- What if you knew exactly what to do to turn your vision into a reality?
Sound too good to be true?
It is possible to learn how to do all this and become a successful creative entrepreneur with my [name of program] program.
I’m Sarah Harrison, a design strategist and trainer. I led design and product at several lean startups in San Francisco, and now teach user-centered design, rapid prototyping, design thinking, and lean principles to entrepreneurs and teams.
My expertise is helping teams realize the simple and effective methods available to them for innovation and delighting their customers.
My mission is to help creative people do work they love, find their flow, and overcome the status quo so they can build impactful businesses that change the world.
That is why I’ve created [name of program], a business strategy program of rapid experimentation and creative tools for people who build products.
If you’re interested in working with me, here’s what we would do:
- Kick things off with a 2-hour workshop teaching you rapid prototyping and design thinking skills you will use for the rest of your career
- I’ll give you some homework and hold you accountable to taking this learning and putting it into action immediately
- We’ll check back in 4 times, ideally weekly (at your convenience) via Skype or phone for about 30-45 minutes each to assess your progress and come up with action steps until our next check-in
- You’ll get another 1-hour workshop to round out your skills and give you valuable tools you’ll use to make important product decisions in your business
- You’ll get worksheets, cheat sheets, and PDF references you can refer back to on the methodologies and tools you’ll be using to validate your business ideas
- The investment is $1795
Usually this process will take about 5 weeks, depending on your schedule. By that time, you’ll have what you need to move forward on your own.
But I don’t want to leave you out in the cold, so at the end of our program, we will have a review session where we’ll assess your confidence in utilizing these methodologies on your own, and if needed, we can renew our check-ins on a monthly basis at a price we’ll agree on together.
People I love to help are people who:
- want to build a successful business that improves people’s lives or solves an important problem
- want to build and lead a happily productive team to help you realize your vision
- want to develop strategic design thinking skills and turn creative ideas into action
- are looking to change your organization from the inside and bring in more creativity, innovation, and experimentation
- want to lead your team to use design thinking and rapid experimentation so they can elegantly navigate risks and uncertainty
So if you’re done with just thinking about your world-changing idea, and want to start making it a reality, I invite you to take the next step and schedule a conversation with me now: